Lava Hot Springs Idaho Annual Oktoberfest Celebration
CALENDAR of EVENTS 2017
Friday, OCTOBER 6
- NOTE: Events and times are still being finalized.
Information below is subject to change.
- Oktoberfest Beer Tasting & Kickoff Party
Held at the Riverside Hot Springs Inn and Portneuf
Grille & Lounge on 255 East Portneuf Street (Main Street between 2nd & 3rd. Event from 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.)
- Join us in celebrating Lava’s Oktoberfest with a kickoff party Friday night! Now that Fall is here it is time to drink some beer! Enjoy live entertainment while sampling five different types of Harvest beer and delicious hors d’oeuvres created by the Portneuf Grille Chefs. All net proceeds go towards building Lava’s bike and walk paths.
- —$15 per person (must be 21 years old to sample beer)
Saturday, OCTOBER 7
- Oktoberfest-Costumed Fun Run or Walk or Bike (3k, 5k or 10k). Dogs are welcome! Starts and Ends at the Lava Community Building
—Registration: 8:45 a.m. / Race Start: 9 a.m.
—All proceeds from the Fun Run go towards building Lava’s bike and walk paths for ALL to enjoy!!!
—Pre-register and pay using the button below.
- Slip on your lederhosen, dirndl, or Halloween costume and let’s see what character wins. All costumed entrants get a free raffle entry for $10 in lottery tickets as well as hot pool passes. Also prizes awarded for best costumes!
- Start will be 9 a.m. at Oktoberfest Halle, outside the Lava Community Building (150 N. Center Street) for all classes. Finish line will be the same location as the start line. Times will be listed in each category. Everyone has a chance to win prizes. Get double the chance at winning in our raffle entry and you could win $20.00 in lottery tickets for the best costume.
- —$25 entry fee adults (includes T-Shirt)
—$20 entry fee 17 and younger (includes T-Shirt)
- PAY FUN RUN EVENT ENTRY FEE
- The Oktoberfest Celebration continues at the Lava Community Center with Bavarian food, drinks, continuous music and a fire spinning show at dusk. (11 a.m to 8 p.m.)
- Artisan and Vendor Booths 11:00 a.m. until 8 p.m.
- Booths located next to the Lava Community Center
- Unlimited Beer Tasting from 12:00 till 7:00 p.m.
- —$25 Unlimited Beer Samples
—$5 Food: Bratwurst, Potatoes & Sauerkraut
- Served at the Lava Community Center
- Kids Activities and Games at the Lava Community Center (from noon to 2 p.m.)
- Kids of all ages!
- Punkin Chunkin’ at the Park next to Community Building (2 p.m. til pumpkins are gone)
—$5 for 2 pumpkins.
- What’s more fun that catapulting a pumpkin and watching it rocket through the air until gravity takes hold and...SPLAT! See if your pumpkin can beat everyone else's.
- Verruckt Hamsterrad aka “Crazy Hamster Race” (4 p.m. or after the Pumpkin Chunkin’)
—$5 for 2 rolls around the course
- Jump in the inflatable “Hamster Sphere” and get ready to roll! Ready, set, go! It's Crazy Hamster fun!
- Duck Race Raffle at the Lava Community Building (6 p.m.)
—Duck Race Raffle tickets are 1 for $5 or 5 for $20
- Oktoberfest traditionally ended with a horse race for the Royal Family. The duck race is our own version—a river duck race. Prizes include lottery tickets and prizes from local business sponsors.
- Fire Spinning (at dusk)
- At dusk is Fire Spinning by Lava Flow Fire. This is a spectacular show put on by the Lava Flow Fire performers!
- Lava Lions Bingo at the Lava Community Center (7 p.m.)
- Win a Special Game and get to spin The Wheel of Fortune. In addition to winning the Bingo Pot you have a chance to win additional money on the wheel. Progressive Blackout Bingo. Bring you entire Family out to the Lava Community Center for a fun filled evening. Delicious food and drink will be served all day! (Everyone is welcome, but to play bingo you must be 18 years or older.) Bingo workers volunteer so that ALL proceeds go to the community!
OCTOBER 6th and 7th 2017
Join us in the quaint little village of Lava Hot Springs for a family-friendly Oktoberfest weekend stuffed full of food, activities, and entertainment! You’ll find a Beer Garden featuring seasonal food such as brats & dogs, baked pretzels, European cupcakes, Harvest Beers as well as non-alcoholic beverages. Oktoberfest-Dressed Contest, the Punkin Chunkin’ Event, the Crazy Hampster Race, the Duck Race Raffle, Costumed 3k, 5k & 10k Fun Run/Walk/Bike, Live Music, Games and Activities for the Kids, Bingo, and more!
|MAKE A DONATION to the LAVA TRAILS PROJECT|
- Questions? Contact Wendy, the Lava Hot Springs Events Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHER FESTIVALS IN LAVA HOT SPRINGS
- Fire and Ice Winterfest is held every year over the first full weekend in February. Join us for what USA Today called one of the "top 10 zaniest winter festivals" in the world! Come, bring the family and celebrate winter.
- Wellness Festival is held at the end of May—the festival is a return to our heritage! A century ago, our spring-fed hot pools were a sought-out destination for people suffering from a variety of ailments—they came seeking relief for body and mind in the healing waters of the natural mineral springs. Come and learn, relax and rejuvenate as we celebrate health, fitness, nutrition, and well-being in this family-friendly event.